• After getting off to a difficult start last season and not winning until January 26, Worcester picked up five more wins, including impressive victories away at Sale, and at home against Gloucester and Leicester. They finished off the season with back to back wins against Bristol and Newcastle.
• Worcester Warriors are yet to record an opening day victory, after losing three times and drawing once on opening weekends.
• In Northampton's last six premiership opening weekends, they've recorded two victories, a draw and three losses.
• Northampton have only played Worcester six times in the league, with Worcester winning four games to Northampton's two.
• Both of Northampton's victory came away from home in 2006, and in their most recent meeting Worcester edged it at Franklin's Gardens on New Year's Day 2007
• Worcester did the double over Northampton in the 2004/05 season, but Northampton have never done the double over Worcester.
Trends and Trivia
• In National One, Chris Ashton kicked off his rugby union career in some style, scoring an amazing 39 tries, followed by Bruce Reihana's 28 and Paul Diggin's 17. It remains to be seen whether Ashton can handle the intensity of Premiership rugby, but a season in National One will have certainly aided his development as a union player.
• Experienced utility back Bruce Reihana started 29 games in National One last year, and for Worcester, lock Craig Gillies started every league game.
• Northampton have recruited 12 players since their promotion, including three scrum halves, Ben Foden, Alan Dickens and Lee Dickson. Dickens is the most experienced, having started 61 Premiership games, Dickson has started 21 games and Foden 31 games, although the majority have come at either wing or fullback.
• Worcester have signed one of the best full backs in the world, in Chris Latham, and is likely to form a lethal back three with Rico Gear and Miles Benjamin. Benjamin scored nine tries in the league last season, and overall scored 16 tries from 21 starts.