Work has started on the latest exciting transformation of the club and this week the progress has seen:
• The top inch and a half of the stadium pitch has now been taken off. This work has been undertaken as the previous grass before was short-rooted Meadow Grass. The club will now replace the pitch with long-rooted grass that will not only maintain the pitch better but also helps water drain into the fibre sand below more easily.
• Drainage work is underway around the entire stadium pitch.
• Work continues on Cummins Farm and Weston Land with pitch maintenance now fully underway.
• A bus shelter has been erected as part of the new Park and Ride at Sixways Stadium.
• The diversion of Barbourne Brook has taken a huge step forward with the brook now fully diverted and water running behind the West Stand. Water has been stopped along the back of the North Stand and work can start on filing in the brook underneath the North East corner block.
• Roof has come off East Stand with the cladding and steel all taken off the structure.
• Work has started on piling down the back of the East Stand and South East corner. This work is all part of the new cantilever roof that will be installed for the East Stand.