Sixways star Matt Mullan has vowed to keep learning his front row trade and show what he can do in the international stage after winning a call-up to the England Saxons Elite Player Squad.
Academy product Mullan has enjoyed a stunning season for Warriors in Europe and in the Guinness Premiership and his progress has now been underlined with a call from England boss Martin Johnson.
The 21-year-old admits the international selection has yet to fully sink in but is refusing to get carried away by the recognition and insists he will just keep on learning as he looks to reach his full potential at Warriors.
"I was very surprised when I found out - but it's really fantastic news," admitted Mullan.
"Graham Rowntree came to see Warriors before Christmas and watched a session with us, after that Tony Windo pulled me to one side and told me that he thought they were looking to put me in.
"I didn't want to believe it because it wasn't official. It has been a while waiting to see if it was going to happen and I only dared tell my dad that I might be in.
"People have mentioned England to me before but I don't pay any attention to it.
"This is my first real season playing regularly for Warriors so I have had to just concentrate on that and playing well to keep my place. It is not just a question of I have played well for a little bit and I am now okay to relax a few bad games and I will be struggling to get a place for Worcester, let alone England."
Mullan has previously won international honours for England Under 20s and admits he is eager to find out who his new team-mates will be.
"I haven't played international rugby of any sort for almost two years now. I haven't played anything since the England Under 20s.
"It will be nice to get back into to it and obviously this is a much more senior level which is exciting.
"I haven't had chance to see who else is in the squad yet which is a little daunting, but I can't wait to get started."
The prop's call-up completes not only a stunning rise to fame but also underlines the success rate of the Academy system at Warriors.
He said: "There are a lot of guys I have to be thankful for at Worcester for getting me this chance.
"The Academy set-up and manager Andrew Stanley were always very supportive and encouraged me to work hard.
"Tony Windo this year has been tremendous and the amount of time and effort he has out into me, especially scrummaging. I wouldn't even be looked at by any representative team without that knowledge.
"The first team coaching staff have been great and Mike Ruddock and Cecil Duckworth came to see me as soon as the news filtered through. They congratulated me and told me how proud they are that someone who has come through the Academy has made it to this level.
"Last year I had a real rollercoaster season from being on loan to starting to figure on the bench. This season I have managed to start most of the games so far and this is the next step.
"It's very much still a learning curve for me a steps forward. I have only been named in the squad, I am not starting yet so that is my next job, to turn up and really show what I can do."
With the memories of last season's final day drama still firmly in the memory, supporters can sign-up for the next chapter of the Worcester Warriors journey as Season Tickets for the 2015/16 campaign will be available on Wednesday 1 July.