Warriors are offering a Performance Analysis MSc Internship in partnership with the University of Worcester for the 2015/16 season. The exciting position is a full-time commitment working within the Club's Senior and Academy Departments. The successful candidate receives a full bursary for the newly established MSc Sports Coaching course (focusing specifically in Performance Analysis) starting in September.
Location - Sixways Stadium, Worcester
Type of Contract - Fixed Term (2015-16 Season)
Employment Package - £5k Masters Fees + £8.5k Living Fees
- Total Package £13.5k
Three-Tiered Interview Process - Each successful candidate will advance to the next tier of the interview process.
• Tier 1 - Application of CV, covering letter and MSc Masters course. Closing date 12pm on Friday 7 August, 2015.
• Tier 2 - Practical Interview - Each successful candidate from Tier 1 will be asked to produce an analytical report from one game. (Report template and game will be provided). Closing date 12pm on Wednesday 12 August 2015.
• Tier 3 - Successful candidates from Tier 3 will be invited to a formal interview held at Sixways Stadium on the week commencing Monday 17 August 2015.
Contract Start Date - 14/09/2015
• Live code all 1st XV fixtures (home and away)
• Assist in all 1st XV data analysis - specifically looking at opposition scouting reports
• Assist in the development of coding platforms and statistical database
• Lead Analyst of all A League (Monday evenings) & Co-ordinate age-grade (Saturday/Sunday) rugby throughout the season
• Film and analyze all relevant training footage (1st XV and Academy)
• Co-ordinate the analysis of the AASE programme (Wednesday afternoon) run at Worcester Sixth Form College
• Produce review and preview material for senior coaches.
• Assist in the development of the Warriors animated playbook and continue to support the developments throughout the season.
• Assist in the development and maintenance of the Warriors App
• Assist in Coach Education evenings throughout the Warriors regions.
• A 2:1 undergraduate degree in a Sports Science related course.
• Previous experience of working in a professional rugby club.
• Available to work unsociable hours including weekends and Bank Holidays.
• Good understanding of SportsCode software and Apple based products.
• Evidence of knowledge of rugby through coaching or playing experience.
• A good working knowledge of Microsoft and Keynote packages and video production software.
Please state the position applying for in the title of your email.
For more information regarding the MSc Sports Coaching please click on the link below.
Due to the expected high number of applicants we will unfortunately not be able to provide individual feedback for those unsuccessful candidates.
Click here for information and to apply.
Reporting To - Marketing Manager
Working Hours - 7.5 hours per week
Duration - Six months. Start date to be agreed.
Payment - £100 per week to cover expenses
The Data Analyst intern will assist the club with its data management, analysing the Club's existing data and gathering new data. They will work with varying parts of the business to support the gathering and implementation of data to gain an overall/single customer view.
1. To work with all departments to identify where and what data is held in each system
2. To develop a data strategy that will include how various systems will be integrated together and work to provide a complete customer view
3. De-duplicate and manipulate data as and when required
4. Work with the Retail and Ticketing Manager to profile customers and segment data to maximise sales opportunities for matchday tickets
5. Identify segments that can be used within the events database to maximise sales for events
6. Find the best solutions for gathering new data, importing this data into the relevant database and adding these to relevant segments
7. To be a presence on selected match days to support the delivery of the match day data capture activity and events
8. To undertake any other duties deemed commensurate with the post and as directed by the Senior Management Team, Chairman and/or the company.
Skills and experience required
• To be studying for or having completed an Information Management degree or similar
• Excellent communication skills, written, verbal and interpersonal
• Good administrative and IT skills (including Microsoft Outlook, Word & Excel)
• Ability to work on your own and as part of a team
To apply send a covering letter titled DATA ANALYST INTERN APPLICATION and an up to date CV to email@example.com.
Reporting to: Executive Chef
Working Hours: As Required (minimum five-hours per shift)
Payment: Depending on experience
Worcester Warriors are looking for chefs to work in all areas of food preparation and production on matchdays. Other shifts may be available to suit the needs of the business. Rates of pay depend on experience. For more information or to apply, please send a CV and covering letter to Lawson.Shuttleworth@warriors.co.uk.
Shifts will commence at the beginning of September 2014.
Are you a hospitality-minded individual with a passion for outstanding service delivery and going the extra mile? If the answer is yes, then we have an exciting opportunity for you.
Worcester Warriors and Sixways Stadium are currently recruiting for an experienced Casual Matchday Bar & Catering Supervisor to take responsibility for one of our VIP corporate hospitality areas.
As a Supervisor at Sixways Stadium you will be fully responsible for ensuring a first-class experience is received by our customers at all times. You will be a strong manager who takes pride in ensuring your team deliver outstanding service to our customers in a polite and efficient manner.
A minimum of three years' experience in a similar operation is essential and you will be working between four and eight hours per shift. Excellent presentation and front-of-house skills are vital.
Hourly rate will be competitive and dependent on experience.To apply for this vacancy, please email Neville Thomas, Events Operations Manager with a copy of your CV and covering letter. firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shifts will commence at the beginning of September 2014.
Host families would usually house one or, in most cases, two players and are reimbursed either on a weekly or nightly basis for their assistance through a structured invoicing process.
All host families will be provided with education in nutrition and player conduct and lifestyle amongst various other areas and introductions to players and their families would be completed well in advance of the player starting college.
The Worcester Warriors Academy and Worcester Sixth Form College currently run an AASE Programme for players in our specified geographical area of North Midlands and Warwickshire.
Players from this large geographical area attend Worcester Sixth Form College to complete their education while the Warriors Academy delivers approximately 20 hours of rugby per week.
As our geographical area is so large we regularly ask players to relocate to Worcester during the week so that they are not spending large amounts of time on a daily basis travelling. The players stay with their host families during the week and return home at the weekend.
If this is something that is of interest please contact Ryan Watkins, Worcester Warriors AASE Manager, on 07525594125 or at email@example.com, who will arrange an informal discussion.