Nature and scope of the job
To provide coaching and support to meet the strategic needs of The Worcester Warriors in and around the Birmingham area.
To create ongoing sustainability in all areas of work with links into local rugby clubs and The Warriors Academy. The scope of the role will be to focus upon the coaching of all ages and to identify club needs in relation to the needs of The Worcester Warriors. This will include:
• Coaching male and female participants to play all forms of the game
• To educate teachers and other community deliverers to continue to develop the work started in these age groups.
Delivery will be in clubs, schools, colleges, universities and other community settings, with clubs at the centre of all programmes. Therefore, there is an expectation of weekend working throughout the season. Specific Work Programmes will be set by the Birmingham Rugby Coordinator. It is envisaged that the post holder will further develop their role as their own skills develop. They are expected to embark on a Continuous Professional Development programme of RFU and Sports Coach UK courses in technical Rugby Knowledge, Coaching Skills and Coach Developer & Tutoring Skills. Relationships: RFU, SGO's, Club Personnel, Schools, Colleges & University students / staff,
1. To deliver high quality coaching sessions to people of all ages to fit in with the needs of the Birmingham clubs and Worcester Warriors.
2. To visit and actively support local clubs (in particular the Club Coaching Coordinator) to help improve standards of coaching and delivery, in order to aid their player retention, development and club sustainability.
3. To assist in the organisation and delivery of regular and appropriate rugby union competitive opportunities.
4. To prepare an annual work plan in conjunction with your line manager and report activity on a weekly basis
5. To establish, maintain, report and evaluate a comprehensive schedule of coaching and training.
6. To take a professional approach to the planning, preparation and organisation of coaching and training sessions.
7. To ensure the safety and welfare of all participants in coaching and training sessions.
8. To promote and support the work of the Worcester Warriors in particular match day and camps sales.
9. To facilitate club /school links
10. To talent ID and recommend players of ability and potential to the Warriors Academy department
11. To ensure we have links with coaches/teachers that actively promote the Warriors Academy
12. To undertake any other necessary and relevant duties under the direction of the Birmingham Rugby Coordinator
13. Assist in the planning, organizing and delivery of camps, trials, festivals and tournaments.
The job holder is accountable for:
1. The delivery of high quality, safe and enjoyable coaching and training sessions.
2. Complying with both Worcester Warriors and RFU policies and procedures as appropriate.
3. Maintaining high professional standards and the promotion of these standards in the community.
4. Monitoring of equipment and resources held and distributed through the Community/Academy Rugby Coaching team.
5. Reporting activity and output on a weekly basis.
6. Creating and maintaining a strong working relationship with the schools, clubs and partners within your area.
• Must be educated to a minimum of 'GCSE' standard. Preferably with at least five GCSEs at grade C or above.
• An RFU coaching qualification (minimum Rugby Union Level 2)
• A current clean driving license
• A current RFU Enhanced DBS disclosure.
• The successful candidate will have experience of coaching/teaching in inner cities.
• Personal circumstances must allow the candidate to work extended hours on occasion during times of peak activity including evenings and weekends.
• Ideally the successful candidate should already have a good knowledge and understanding of the game. They should be keen to develop a career in the sports/leisure industry and keen to learn and develop their personal skills.
Skills & Personal Attributes
• Must be able to communicate effectively with staff and volunteers from all parts of the organisation. Also with local partners, teachers, other coaches and club personnel, and be able to present a highly professional image when representing the Worcester Warriors.
• Must be able to establish positive working relationships with colleagues throughout the community sport and rugby development networks.
• Must be able to balance a determined application to work with a sense of fun and enjoyment that is conveyed to others.
• Must demonstrate a thorough approach to work, and be able to organise him/her and others effectively.
• Must be an effective team member with sufficient flexibility and willingness to take on roles outside his/her normal functional responsibility when required.
• Must have the stamina and perseverance and flexibility to cope with unsociable hours including regular weekend working throughout the season.
• Should hold a current driving licence and have a car available for work.
• Should have good I.T. skills and be competent in the use of Microsoft Office applications - Word, Excel and PowerPoint
SALARY: £15,000 - £18,000 depending on age and experience
PAY FREQUENCY: Monthly
HOURS OF WORK: 37.5 hours per week. Plus additional as required. 1/2 hour rest break
NOTICE ENTITLEMENT: 1 month
HOLIDAYS: 20 days per annum, plus 8 public holidays (pro rata)
SICK PAY: Statutory
The deadline for application is 18/02/16 with interviews being held in the week of 22/02/16. Please email your covering letter and CV to Jon.Perks@warriors.co.uk to apply.
We have exciting opportunities for Coaches who would like to join our team on a school holiday basis. We are looking for people with a Level 2 RFU coaching certificate, enhanced DBS and an enthusiasm for coaching rugby to aspiring players. This role will primarily be leading rugby sessions during school holidays and there may also be opportunities to assist on other Warriors Community initiatives.
If you are a competent coach, have good organisational skills and are up for a challenge then we want to hear from you.
We can offer a competitive rate of pay, regular holiday work and Warriors branded kit.
Please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. This is an open position and is a growing department so feel free to send a CV in at any time and we will get back to you soon after receiving your details.
Position: Rugby Coach
Term: School Holidays
Reporting to: Community Manager
To deliver high-quality rugby sessions to players of various ages and abilities.
1. To deliver high-quality rugby sessions within the community on behalf of the Warriors Community Foundation.
2. To inspire young players to participate in rugby.
3. To promote Worcester Warriors and represent the Club.
4. To support the Community Coaches in the delivery of Rugby Camps, Residential courses and promote Club bookings.
5. To take complete ownership of delivering rugby sessions and looking after allocated groups.
Reporting to: Executive Chef
Working Hours: As Required (minimum five-hours per shift)
Payment: Depending on experience
Worcester Warriors are looking for chefs to work in all areas of food preparation and production on matchdays. Other shifts may be available to suit the needs of the business. Rates of pay depend on experience. For more information or to apply, please send a CV and covering letter to Lawson.Shuttleworth@warriors.co.uk.
Are you a hospitality-minded individual with a passion for outstanding service delivery and going the extra mile? If the answer is yes, then we have an exciting opportunity for you.
Worcester Warriors and Sixways Stadium are currently recruiting for an experienced Casual Matchday Bar & Catering Supervisor to take responsibility for one of our VIP corporate hospitality areas.
As a Supervisor at Sixways Stadium you will be fully responsible for ensuring a first-class experience is received by our customers at all times. You will be a strong manager who takes pride in ensuring your team deliver outstanding service to our customers in a polite and efficient manner.
A minimum of three years' experience in a similar operation is essential and you will be working between four and eight hours per shift. Excellent presentation and front-of-house skills are vital.
Hourly rate will be competitive and dependent on experience.
To apply for this vacancy, please email Nicky Browne, Head of Staff with a copy of your CV and covering letter. Nicky.Browne@warriors.co.uk
Worcester Warriors are looking for host families for our Achieving Academic and Sporting Excellence (AASE) Programme.
Host families would usually house one or, in most cases, two players and are reimbursed either on a weekly or nightly basis for their assistance through a structured invoicing process.
All host families will be provided with education in nutrition and player conduct and lifestyle amongst various other areas and introductions to players and their families would be completed well in advance of the player starting college.
The Worcester Warriors Academy and Worcester Sixth Form College currently run an AASE Programme for players in our specified geographical area of North Midlands and Warwickshire.
Players from this large geographical area attend Worcester Sixth Form College to complete their education while the Warriors Academy delivers approximately 20 hours of rugby per week.
As our geographical area is so large we regularly ask players to relocate to Worcester during the week so that they are not spending large amounts of time on a daily basis travelling. The players stay with their host families during the week and return home at the weekend.
If this is something that is of interest please contact Ryan Watkins, Worcester Warriors AASE Manager, on 07525594125 or at email@example.com, who will arrange an informal discussion.