Organisation: Worcester Valkyries first-team
Payment: Expenses - £50 for training sessions, £80 for home matches, £100 for away matches. Travel costs also covered for home games and coach travel available for away matches.
Location: Worcester Warriors, Sixways stadium
This is an exciting opportunity for a physio to gain further sports experience working with the newly re-named Worcester Valkyries women's rugby team. Worcester Ladies RFC have become part of Worcester Warriors. Worcester Valkyries have several international players in the first-team.
The role would involve:
- Providing an experienced physiotherapy service for the players - use of taping skills, manual therapy and pitchside experience.
-Reporting in to the Director of Rugby and Head Coach about players and injury updates.
- Provision of pitch side cover to first-team on weekends (mainly Saturdays but there are some Sunday fixtures).
- Leading weekday injury clinics (Tuesdays 6-9pm) during the season (September to April).
- To manage the second team rota for training nights and matchday clinics.
• Acute assessment and management of injuries, pitchside and during training sessions.
• Maintenance of up to date records.
• Aiding with pre-season athlete screening.
• Rehabilitation of acute and long term injuries.
• Liaising with sports therapist apprentice on the assessment treatment and management of injuries.
• Liaising with the relevant staff of the NGBs for the international players.
• BSc Physiotherapy or Sports Therapy.
• HCPC, CSP, BASRAT or other relevant up to date registration.
• Pitch side trauma qualification or looking to complete one asap - ideally ICIS level 3.
• Previous rugby or sports team experience.
• Comfortable treating players with manual therapy techniques.
• Good communication skills.
• Previous injury screening experience and evidence of post graduate learning.
Please contact Lead Physiotherapist Louise Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in this position.
Successful candidates will be notified ASAP for an interview.
How to apply
Please contact email@example.com with a covering letter and CV outlining your suitability for the post if you are interested.
We have exciting opportunities for coaches who would like to join our team on a part-time basis. We are looking for people with a Level 2 RFU coaching certificate or equivalent, enhanced DBS and an enthusiasm for coaching rugby to aspiring players.
This role will see coaches provide a mixture of term-time and school holiday delivery. There is also an opportunity to support other Warriors Community initiatives including our matchday offering.
Contract Type: Initially September 2016 to May 2017.
Reporting To: Community Manager.
Overview: To deliver high-quality rugby sessions to players of various ages and abilities.
Purpose: 1 To deliver high-quality rugby sessions within the community on behalf of Warriors.
2 To inspire young players to participate in rugby.
3 To promote Worcester Warriors and represent the Club.
4 To support the Community Coaches in the delivery of strategic programmes, Rugby Camps, residential courses and promote Club bookings.
5 To take complete ownership of delivering rugby sessions and looking after allocated groups.
If you are a competent coach, have good organisational skills and are up for a challenge then we want to hear from you. We can offer a competitive rate of pay, regular weekly and holiday work and Warriors branded kit.
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. This is an open position and is a growing department so feel free to send a CV in at any time and we will get back to you soon after receiving your details.
Reporting To - Media Manager
Working Hours - Matchdays
Warriors are looking for Programme Sellers for matchdays during the 2016/17 campaign.
Reporting to: Executive Chef
Working Hours: As Required (minimum five-hours per shift)
Payment: Depending on experience
Worcester Warriors are looking for chefs to work in all areas of food preparation and production on matchdays. Other shifts may be available to suit the needs of the business. Rates of pay depend on experience. For more information or to apply, please send a CV and covering letter to Lawson.Shuttleworth@warriors.co.uk.
Worcester Warriors are looking for host families during the 2016/17 season for our Achieving Academic and Sporting Excellence (AASE) Programme.
Host families would usually house one or, in most cases, two players and are reimbursed either on a weekly or nightly basis for their assistance through a structured invoicing process.
All host families will be provided with education in nutrition and player conduct and lifestyle amongst various other areas and introductions to players and their families would be completed well in advance of the player starting college.
The Worcester Warriors Academy and Worcester Sixth Form College currently run an AASE Programme for players in our specified geographical area of North Midlands and Warwickshire.
Players from this large geographical area attend Worcester Sixth Form College to complete their education while the Warriors Academy delivers approximately 20 hours of rugby per week.
As our geographical area is so large we regularly ask players to relocate to Worcester during the week so that they are not spending large amounts of time on a daily basis travelling. The players stay with their host families during the week and return home at the weekend.
Disclosure and Barring Service ( DBS ) check
Comfortable environment with cooking, washing, living facilities etc
Live in or around the Worcester area
Ability to build relationships with young people
Fan of Worcester Warriors
If this is something that is of interest please contact Ryan Watkins, Worcester Warriors AASE Manager, by calling 07525594125 or emailing email@example.com, who will arrange an informal discussion.